Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Documentry of thriving small town

Everyday I will post the changes in this small but once thriving small town. What will people do? Everyday companies are closing doors and people are loosing there jobs. When will enough be enough.

Ive lived in Dalton all my life and I have never seen this town strive so hard. We now have many homeless and many starving. Many people are depending on unemployment. That also is coming to a end. Forclosure homes are at alltime high.

I try to ask myself what does it matter what we have are dont have, as long as you are happy. But then I look at my children and think how blessed we are. It does matter. We have a home and food, yeah we may struggle from week to week. But I see so many that have no home and struggle to feed there children. I think people that are more blessed right now should pull together and help the ones that have children and need help. I see people everyday that have twenty dollars left to buy groceries to feed four children. Yeah Yeah people say it's there own fault. I agree some cases it is there own fault. But in most cases it's not. Ask yourself right now. What would happen if you and your spouse lost your job today? What would you do? You had no savings put back becouse you struggled as it was. What would you do? Say you worked in a carpet mill all your life and no one will give you the oppurtunity to do anything else. What would you do? I will post everyday of real people and there storey. I will not post there names.

No comments:

Post a Comment